The next major Blade & Soul update brings a number of impactful changes to core items and systems.
The Blade & Soul: False Idols update goes live in just over a week, and with it a number of impactful itemization and systems changes are being made. Check out the highlights below, and stay tuned for the full patch notes going live the day before the update releases on July 25.
Tower of Infinity and Circle of Sundering Weekly Reward Eligibility
Starting the week of July 18–25, you must complete at least one clear of Tower of Infinity or Circle of Sundering each week in order to be eligible for weekly rewards in that ranking.
Merchant of Wonders in Hard Difficulty Dungeons
Completing the following dungeons in Hard Difficulty will now have a chance to spawn the Merchant of Wonders who sells a variety of items and cosmetics at low prices:
- Naryu Sanctum
- Irontech Forge
- Ebondrake Lair
- Starstone Mines
- Hollow’s Heart
- Drowning Deeps
- Ransacked Treasury
- Sandstorm Temple
Daily and Weekly Challenge Rewards
We’re continuing to tweak the Daily and Weekly Challenge rewards following the changes introduced in the Blade & Soul: Eternal Night update. Shifting the tradable materials from Weekly Challenge to Daily Challenge should make them more accessible to a wider range of players.
- The Daily Challenge Reward Chest now always contains 5 Gold.
- The amount of tradable upgrade materials in the Daily Challenge Treasure Chest will be increased and the amount of tradable upgrade materials in the Weekly Challenge Treasure Chest will be decreased.
We’ve been working on a few Battleground changes to encourage fair play, and reevaluating how players are impacted if they’ve been disconnected. Overall we’re hoping this leads to a more enjoyable experience, and are continuing to look into additional ways to improve the play experience.
- If you leave a 1v1 Duel Match or 3v3 Tag Match before the match is completed you will be unable to queue for 5 minutes. If you leave another shortly after, you will be unable to queue for 30 minutes.
- If you leave a 6v6 Battleground before it’s completed you will be unable to queue for 10 minutes. If you leave another shortly after, you will be unable to queue for 60 minutes.
- You no longer lose 20 Rating for disconnecting from a 6v6 Battleground. Instead, disconnecting from a 6v6 Battleground now counts as a loss and you will lose Rating as if you lost; however, if you reconnect you are no longer subject to the automatic loss.
- Adjusted ratings gain/loss when a player disconnects from a Battleground.
- Players who AFK during Battlegrounds will no longer receive Battle Point, XP, Quest Credit, or Achievement Credit.
Soulstone Plains Rewards
Soulstones have been decreasing in value on the Marketplace, and we want to ensure these still feel like a valuable reward while also ensuring those farming for upgrade materials for themselves are able to make improved progress. To that end we’re rebalancing the ratio of Soulstones to Soulstone Crystals received from Soulstone Plains. Those looking to farm and sell Soulstones will see a reduction in their materials, while those looking to farm upgrades for themselves will receive the same amount of materials, just with a higher amount received as Account Bound Soulstone Crystals.
- Replaced Skypetal Soulstone Bundle, Pouch, and Chest that can be purchased from Soulstone Plains with new versions that reward a higher ratio of Soulstone Crystals to Soulstones. The total number of rewarded materials is the same.
Here’s a preview of some of the itemization changes coming in Blade & Soul: False Idols. Stay tuned for the full patch notes which will go live the day before the update releases on July 25.
Raid Boss Loot
- Raven King in Skybreak Spire now always drops a Sealed Raven King’s Ferocity/Energy/Animus and has a chance to drop an unsealed Raven King’s Ferocity/Energy/Animus.
- Hive Queen in Temple of Eluvium now has an equal chance to drop sealed or unsealed Hive Queen’s Rancor/Barb/Husk.
- Scorptamaton in Nightfall Sanctuary now drops Lightstealer’s Armor/Aura/Wing.
- Pet Auras can now be upgraded to Unleashed Alpha Pet Aura.
- Reduced upgrade costs for all existing Pet Auras (Pet Aura through Ultimate Unleashed Pet Aura).
- You can now seal Unleashed Hongmoon Pet Aura and Unleashed Ultimate Pet Aura.
Divine Grace Stone
- Divine Grace Stone is now Bound to Account and costs 3 Gold to mail.
- Scion’s Keep now drops 2 guaranteed Divine Grace Stone with a chance at a Sealed Divine Grace Stone. The overall average acquisition rate of Divine Grace Stones is unchanged.
- Reduced the cost for Stage 1 Draken Accessories and Dragon/Tiger Bracelet Chest from 200 Draken Core to 100 Draken Core and removed achievement requirements.
- Reduced the cost for Hellion Accessories and Quickgrip Gloves from 250 Hellion Core to 200 Hellion Core and reduced achievement requirements from 100 kills to 10 kills.
- You can now purchase Eminence XP Charm which grants 1 million XP for 3000 Celestial Peach. Eminence XP Charm can only be used by characters that are Level 55 Hongmoon Level 1-12.
Dragon Express Solar Energy Exchange
- You can now purchase Eminence XP Charm which grants 1 million XP for 5 Solar Energy. Eminence XP Charm can only be used by characters that are Level 55 Hongmoon Level 1-12.
- You can now purchase Courage, Alluvion, Glory, and Sagewood Soul Badge Chest for 125 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Sea Glass for 10 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Aransu Orb for 10 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Blood Pearl for 20 Solar Energy.
- The cost to purchase Void Fragment has been reduced to 3 Solar Energy, down from 5.
- The cost to purchase Raven Feather has been reduced to 3 Solar Energy, down from 5.
- The cost to purchase Raven King’s Soul has been reduced to 10 Solar Energy, down from 60.
- You can now purchase Hive Queen’s Wings for 10 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Hive Queen’s Heart for 30 Solar Energy.
- You can now purchase Blackstone Fragment for 5 Solar Energy.
- The cost to purchase Special Square Obsidians has been reduced to 10, down from 15.
- You can now transmute Special Square Obsidians to Pentagonal Obsidian for 10 Solar Energy, 15 Soulstone Crystal, and 10 Gold.
Dragon Express Premium Membership Tab
- Grand Celestial Soul Shield – Chest 1 through 8 are now available from the Premium Membership tab in Dragon Express. Chests 3-8 require certain achievements to purchase.
- Celestial Heart can now be upgraded to Ultimate Hongmoon Heart.
- Brilliant Soul Sealing Charm has been renamed to Brilliant Sealing Charm and can now also seal certain stages of Pet Aura.
- Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Seraph/Baleful Weapon to Riftwalk, Dawnforged, or Raven Weapon from 5 to 1.
- Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Riftwalk/Dawnforged Weapon to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon from 5 to 2.
The Blade & Soul: False Idols update releases on July 25! Want to discuss the changes outlined above? Head on over to the official Blade & Soul forums!